To the best of my memory, before I came to the saving grace of Jesus Christ, I did not believe the Bible was true. I doubted God, Satan, heaven, or hell existed. I owned my own business and was beginning to prosper.
One evening, my wife and I heard documentation that these were the last days before Jesus Christ would return. I almost walked out. Something kept me there, but I was not convinced. I decided to do some research to find out if the Bible was true. If I could find one contradiction or anything that was not true, then I could disregard it. I believed this would be easy. I learned nearly one-third of the Bible is, directly or indirectly, related to prophecy, which includes about 10,000 prophecies. I needed to determine when the Bible was written. A study of biblical history, translations, and archaeology was needed. The Dead Sea Scrolls, in Israel, contained Old Testament prophecies of the coming of Jesus. It has been proven these were written before Christ came. Thousands of clay tablets and archaeological sites confirm many accounts in the Bible. Not one has ever proved the Bible was wrong.
I took time off and began studying the prophecies. My wife spent much time at the library. She obtained documentation from reference books, which I would check against the Scriptures to see if the prophecies took place. One week went by and then a month. Every prophecy that we were able to get information on proved to be accurate. I was astonished, but not convinced. Later, people would show me what appeared to be mistakes in the Bible. Turned out these were not contradictions, but only a lack of research. Stubborn, that’s me. After four months of intensive study, authenticating prophecy after prophecy, I was still skeptical. I became more determined. It wasn’t possible that the sixty-six books of the Bible, written by many people over hundreds of years, would not have some errors. Thousands of prophecies and every one perfect? No, impossible! If I would admit that, then I would also have to admit there was a God. I was not prepared to do that—yet, I wanted to know the truth. More months passed. Finally, I admitted after spending almost countless hours of research—I was wrong. I may have been the biggest skeptic in the world, but now I know—the Bible is true and is the Word of God. Anyone willing to take the time I did and do the same research could only come to the same conclusion, if they are honest with themselves. I became afraid that I would perish.
As result of His love, compassion, mercy and grace, I REPENTED and received Christ as my only hope of salvation by FAITH-ref Eph 2:8-10. I then got baptized by immersion. I know that there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we MUST be saved-ref Acts 4:12. EXCEPT YE BE CONVERTED, AND BECOME AS LITTLE CHILDREN, YE SHALL NOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN-Mt 18:3. You can call on Jesus NOW to be YOUR Lord and Savior.
In the history of the world, many people have spent months, or years, even a lifetime trying to prove the Bible is not true. Not one person ever succeeded. I know because I was one of them. Some have even resorted to telling lies about the Bible hoping to cause some to turn from God. I know this also. Some have contacted me personally but when I checked out what they said, I found they were dishonest. If anyone could prove the Bible was not true, it would probably make the headlines of every newspaper in the world, plus the internet. The Bible tells us to BE NOT WISE IN THINE OWN EYES: FEAR THE LORD AND DEPART FROM EVIL-ref Pv 3:7; 16:6. Heb 10:31-IT IS A FEARFUL THING TO FALL INTO THE HANDS OF THE LIVING GOD.
Will strange weather patterns begin happening and increase? Yes, it is happening now.
Will earthquakes, windstorms, and even tidal waves increase? Yes, it is happening now.
Will alternate lifestyles increase, prosper and become accepted? Yes, it is happening now.
Will false prophets arise and deceive many? Yes, it is happening now.
Will there be a one-world system or global economy and instant worldwide communications? Yes, it is happening now.
Will Russia and Arab nations invade Israel and the USA become involved? Yes, it is coming soon.
You may see a sign that says—THE BRIDGE IS OUT, and say, “Oh, someone is just trying to scare us.” The sign was meant to warn you of impending danger. God wants you to know, WHEN YOU SEE (the prophecies from the Bible) COME TO PASS, KNOW YE THAT THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS NIGH AT HAND-ref Lk 21:31.
People have said the end was near many times—true. However, no prophecy of the latter years of the last days had any meaning until 1 seemingly impossible event took place. That event was Israel being reborn into a nation. God’s Word indicates a generation would not pass from Israel’s rebirth till all be fulfilled (which includes events called the Rapture, Tribulation, and Christ’s return).
A generation can be 70+ years-Ps 90:10. In addition, there would be app. 365 prophecies that would come together after Israel’s rebirth. By Israel’s rebirth and the 360+ signs, we would know that the events of the Rapture, Tribulation, and return of Jesus were near.
Many have been preaching about the latter years of the end times in churches, on radio, TV, the Internet, in books and magazines. Some include Billy Graham, Hal Lindsey, John Hagee, Charles Stanley, Jack Van Impe, Peter Lalonde, Tim LaHaye and Ed Hindson. Those that love God understand these things. For those that practice sin, no explanation is possible-ref Dan 12:4, 10; Mt 24:37, 39.
It has been said that it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to make 11 straight predictions, 2000 years into the future. There is only 1 chance in 8 x 10 to the 63rd power, or 80 with 63 zeros after it that such a thing could be done. If such a set of predictions existed, it would have to be the Word of God.
Could you write eleven straight predictions that would take place in the year 4000 AD? Include the rebirth of a specific nation. Include nations that would exist, nations that would be allied together, and the exact size of a nation’s army. Include what the people and church would be like and the names of actual cities that would exist. The Bible not only does this eleven times, but hundreds of times. If this is so, even the most skeptical person (that is truthful) would have to agree that there is indeed a God, and the Bible is His Word. 2 Pe 1:20,21-KNOWING THIS FIRST, THAT NO PROPHECY OF THE SCRIPTURE IS OF ANY PRIVATE INTERPRETATION. FOR THE PROPHECY CAME NOT IN OLD TIME BY THE WILL OF MAN: BUT HOLY MEN OF GOD SPAKE AS THEY WERE MOVED BY THE HOLY GHOST. O FOOLS, AND SLOW OF HEART TO BELIEVE ALL THAT THE PROPHETS HAVE SPOKEN-Lk 24:25. Believing there is a God and acknowledging the Bible is His Word does not save a person. Let’s prove the Bible is true & we are nearing the end of the generation before Christ returns.
1. The Jewish people would be scattered worldwide; yet Israel would become a nation again after a long time and at a time the Bible calls the “latter days”-ref Isa 66:8; Mic 5:3; Ezek 38:8. Against what appeared to be impossible odds, this prophecy has been fulfilled. It happened on May 14, 1948 after about 2500 years. That’s 1 out of 1. Israel was destroyed in approximately 721 BC and Judah about 135 years later. The rebirth of Israel was the key sign, indicating we had entered a time period called the “latter days.” of the end times. It was the start of a countdown leading to the Tribulation & culminating with the Battle of Armageddon and return of Jesus.
2. Israel shall be brought forth in one day, at once-ref Isa 66:8. Prophecy fulfilled-May 14, 1948. On Nov. 29, 1947, the General Assembly of the U.N. approved a resolution calling for the establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine. On the morning of May 14, 1948 (the last day of the British mandate), a meeting of the People’s Council took place in Israel to decide on the name and finalize the declaration. At precisely 4 P.M., the proclamation ceremony began at the Tel Aviv Museum. The 979 Hebrew words of the Scroll of Independence were read. All stood, and the scroll was adopted. The notorious White Paper, issued by the British in 1930 restricting Jewish immigration, was declared null and void. The People’s Council signed the proclamation. David Ben-Gurion rapped his gavel, declaring, “The State of Israel is established. This meeting is ended.” In one day, at once, as predicted, Israel was reborn. President Truman was swift in announcing U.S. recognition of Israel. The following morning, tiny Israel was under attack on several fronts by the combined forces of Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq.
3. Israel would be (reborn) “out of the nations.” The “United Nations” approved a resolution for a Jewish state in Palestine. Israel’s land had been occupied by many nations. Prophecy fulfilled.
4. Israel must regain the city of Jerusalem-Joel 2:32; Isa 28:14; Ezek 22:19. This happened in 1967. That’s 4 out of 4. By Israel’s rebirth and a precise line of events that come together, we understand the times. We are not setting a date; but, it seems clear that we are in the generation of the Rapture (that will come and catch most by surprise) and then the Tribulation.
5. The last Christian church age before the Rapture, would be lukewarm, neither cold nor hot for Jesus. God will spew them out. The Bible tells us—you have acquired wealth, but your condition is wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked, and you don’t know it-Rev 3:14-22. Most use little Scripture and lots of stories. Most know more about their preacher than Jesus. Many do not teach on the Revelation, sin, repentance, obedience, judgment, hell, fearing God, and baptism by immersion; but God’s Word tells them to do so. Many sing a lot. Some are socializing centers that teach what their members want to hear. When you go to church, is your Bible left at home?
The Bible gives us over 50 descriptions about the people at the time of the end. These fit today’s people, but did not fit the people of 50 or 100 years ago.
6. Some would depart from the faith and go into devil worship-1 Tim 4:1. This is perfect. That is 6 out of 6.
7. People would mock about these days and not believe-2 Pe 3:3; Jude 18. Are you one of them?
8. People would be lovers of themselves-2 Tim 3:1,2. Remember the TV commercials—“I do it for me?”
9. People would be disobeying their parents-2 Tim 3:1,2.
10. People would be grateful for nothing-2 Tim 3:1,2.
11. What we call alternate lifestyles would increase and prosper-Lk 17:28,30; Gen 19:5; Ro 1:24,26,27.
12. People would be without self-control in sex-2 Tim 3:1,2,6; Rev 9:21; Lk 17:28,30; Jude 7.
13. People would love pleasures more than God-2 Tim 3:1,2,4. Picnics, football, or sleep come first. Church?—we can go later. Our American motto “In God we trust” has become a joke.
14. People would be taking drugs-Rev 9:21. The Greek word for sorceries, in Rev 9:21, refers to pharmaceuticals or drugs. God’s Word is 100% right on every one. That’s 14 out of 14. Fifty years ago, many people didn’t even lock their doors. There was little or no profanity on TV, radio, or in the movies.
Gum chewing was one of the major problems in public schools. Today, it’s stealing, murder, weapons, assaults, suicides, drugs, and sex. Welcome to the latter days. It’s going to get worse.
15. There would be weapons that could destroy the world-Mk 13:20; Rev 6:8; Rev 9:18; Zech 14:8,12. This prophecy was written in the days of spears and arrows. It is estimated that the nuclear arsenals of the USA and Russia (as of 2011) could kill every living thing on earth 6 times over.
16. The Gospel must be published worldwide-Mk 13:10. This was written when there was no printing press. To our knowledge, the Gospel is (or is about to be) published in the primary language of every nation or “among all nations.”
17. In the latter days, when Israel was again a nation, there would be a great military power to its extreme north in the land of Magog (which is modern Russia)-Ezek 38:2-4,8,15,16. Incredible! How could the Bible have foretold the location of a nation, facts about its military, and the time period it would happen? Lk 24:25-O FOOLS, AND SLOW OF HEART TO BELIEVE ALL THAT THE PROPHETS HAVE SPOKEN. At app. the time the northern military power would exist.
18. There would be a nation to the far east of Israel, to the end of the earth. They would have an army of 200 million. How could the Bible have told the location of a nation and given the size of its army nearly 2000 years ago? China has boasted that they could field an army of this exact figure.
19. A key prophecy. There would be an economic alliance of the nations of the Old Roman Empire. This is a description of the European Union today (the EU). It has adopted a one-currency system for many of its nations. It is written, IN THE DAYS OF THESE KINGS (these nations, which is now) SHALL THE GOD OF HEAVEN SET UP A KINGDOM-Dan 2:44. That’s 19 out of 19. We have gone past the point that seemed impossible—not 11 perfect predictions but 19, made thousands of years ago—with God nothing is impossible. Even the biggest skeptic should see the Bible is true (if they are honest). God exists. The Bible is His Word, and we have proved it. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. Repent and be baptized by full immersion. Read and obey the Gospel. God loves you. Mt 16:26-WHAT IS A MAN PROFITED, IF HE SHALL GAIN THE WHOLE WORLD, AND LOSE HIS OWN SOUL? There are actually 365 prophecies after Israel’s rebirth. 364 have now been fulfilled. We gave only 19.
This is where we are now at in God’s time table. There appears to be only one more prophecy to be finished before the next great event on God’s calendar.
RAPTURE (the biblical term is “caught up” or “translation”) It is a term used to describe the removal from the earth of all living people that are born-again, as evidenced by their obedience to God’s Word. Just prior to the Tribulation, the Rapture takes place. The Revelation portrays the raptured saints in heaven, before the throne of God, prior to the Antichrist coming. 1 Cor 15:51,52-“We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound”; 1 Thes 4:16,17-“and the dead in Christ shall rise first, then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds.” The trumpet sounds. Then born again Christians will be with Jesus. All others will face the dreadful Tribulation.
The Tribulation is the worst time in history since man has existed. Immediately following the Rapture, the man of sin (called Antichrist) comes forth and assumes control of the EU. He can be expected to be charismatic and brilliant. He confirms a treaty with Israel and others, which begins the Tribulation. Under his control, the global economy will prosper.
The Tribulation is a 7 year period, but the Lord may have shortened the first 3½ years-ref Mk 13:20; Ro 9:28. Hate, murder, thefts, and every imaginable form of evil will continue to increase. During this time of God’s wrath, Russia, Iran, and others will come against Israel in the first of 3 wars like this earth has never seen. God destroys nearly all the invaders. The USA becomes involved. One-fourth of the world’s population will die. Many of the dead will be from the USA and Russia. One-third of trees are burned up. All green grass is burned up. One-third of the sea will become blood. One-third of the creatures in the sea will die. One-third of the ships are destroyed. One-third of the waters become wormwood (or poisoned, or radioactive). Massive famines, increased earthquakes, more diseases, and huge tidal waves will happen as birth pangs of a woman. Those left alive will have a chance to receive Jesus through the preaching of 144,000 male, virgin Jews; however, death by decapitation lies ahead for most, unless they renounce their faith. Many false christs and prophets come forth. A one-world, false religion that God calls MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH will increase. This religion has existed for hundreds of years and exists today.
About 3½ years from the end of the Tribulation, the Antichrist (also called the beast) is killed with a wound in the head by a weapon, but his deadly wound is healed. He comes back to life. He declares himself to be God and moves into the rebuilt temple in Jerusalem. A false prophet appears that will do great wonders. The abomination of desolation occurs. An image of the Antichrist will be set on a wing of the temple. Those that refuse to worship it will be beheaded. The elect, born-again Jews now flee for their lives to a place where God will protect them during the last 3½ years. Power is given to the Antichrist by his father Satan over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. All that dwell on the earth shall worship the Antichrist, whose names are not written in the Lamb’s book of life. During these last 3½ years (called the Great Tribulation), world conditions continue to worsen. A one-world system will exist. The Antichrist shall make war against the saints and will overcome them. People must take the mark of the Antichrist or the number of his name (666), in or on their forehead or right hand. If they refuse, they cannot buy or sell.
Two prophets of God will appear for 1260 days. One is Elijah. They warn people not to take the mark or worship the image; for if they do, they will go to the lake of fire. These two witnesses have the power to shut up heaven so it does not rain and to bring all kinds of plagues on the earth. Many will be tortured and beheaded for the Word of God. Some type of locusts will sting men with a sting like a scorpion. Men will seek death and shall not find it. There will be terrible sores upon men. Men will be scorched with great heat. Earthquakes, great tidal waves, and diseases continue to worsen. Two hundred million troops will march to Israel from the east and cross the dried up Euphrates River in the second great war. One-third more of the earth’s population will be killed. After 1260 days, the two prophets of God are killed. People will rejoice; but then after 3½days, they will arise and ascend up to heaven as others watch. Great fear falls on those that see this. Men’s hearts will fail, as they consider what is about to happen. Multitudes will hide in the rocks and say, “FALL ON US AND HIDE US FROM…HIM (Jesus)…FOR THE GREAT DAY OF HIS WRATH IS COME; AND WHO shall be able to stand?”-Rev 6:16,17.
Immediately after the Tribulation of those days, the Battle of Armageddon explodes. It is the last of the 3 great wars and by far the worse. It lasts one day. The kings and armies of the earth are gathered to make war against Jesus. Christ returns as the King of kings and Lord of lords with His saints. If He had not returned exactly when He did, there should be no life left on earth.
The Antichrist and false prophet are cast alive into the lake of fire. Satan is chained, has a seal put on him, and goes into the bottomless pit for one thousand years, so he can deceive the nations no longer till the thousand years be fulfilled. Every force of nature is likely to be unleashed at once, including tornadoes, hurricanes, tidal waves, lightning encircling the earth, and the biggest earthquake in mankind’s history. The cities and mountains of the world crumble. Every island will flee away. The mountains are gone. There is great hailstones about the weight of 70 to l00 pounds. So few people left alive that a child could list them.
This may all sound like a fairy tale, but remember—from Israel’s rebirth to the Tribulation, there are about 365 prophecies. All but one have now been perfectly fulfilled, and the one that is left is being fulfilled right now.
People never believed that Israel could be reborn as a nation, or there would be weapons that could destroy the world, or there would be instant worldwide communications. But the Bible indicated otherwise. The world was wrong. The Bible was correct.
To the skeptic, we say—put the Bible, regarding the latter days, along side the newspaper. If you do it honestly, your laughing may cease. There is no laughing in hell. THE FOOL HAS SAID IN HIS HEART THERE IS NO GOD-Ps 14:1.
We have proven that the Bible is God’s Word to those that are honest. Now you are faced with a decision. You may say, “My church doesn’t believe this.” You must choose which you will believe—the Bible or your church?
1. Admit that you are a sinner. The Bible tells us, ALL HAVE SINNED AND COME SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD. THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH.
2. Be willing to change, forsake all sin, humble yourself and live for Jesus—Repent. God will help. It is written, EXCEPT YE REPENT, YE SHALL ALL LIKEWISE PERISH. Jesus tells us, HE THAT IS NOT WITH ME IS AGAINST ME.
3. Believe in your heart Jesus Christ is God’s only begotten Son, Who came to this earth in the flesh, in human form. Believe He died for your sins. It is written, THERE IS NONE OTHER NAME UNDER HEAVEN GIVEN AMONG MEN, WHEREBY WE MUST BE SAVED.
4. Ask for forgiveness. Ask for God’s mercy. By faith, receive Jesus Christ as your only hope of salvation. I am going to ask you to make that decision for Jesus right now. Please kneel right where you are. God may be calling you. Don’t resist. The Bible tells us, THERE IS A WAY WHICH SEEMETH RIGHT UNTO A MAN, BUT THE END THEREOF ARE THE WAYS OF DEATH. It’s not a matter of if you think you know Jesus, but does Jesus know you? Right now, kneel and pray this prayer out loud and mean it.
DEAR JESUS, I AM A SINNER. I BELIEVE YOU ARE THE SON OF GOD AND DIED FOR MY SINS ON THE CROSS. FORGIVE ALL OF MY SINS. JESUS, I REPENT. HAVE MERCY ON ME, A SINNER. COME INTO MY LIFE. HELP ME TO FOLLOW AND OBEY YOUR COMMANDMENTS. I ASK IT IN THE NAME OF MY LORD AND SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST. AMEN.
We recommend you now read your Bible every day faithfully—5 or more chapters. Begin with the Gospel of John. Read it through three times. Next go to Matthew, and read the New Testament three times. Then begin reading the entire Bible in order, beginning with Genesis. Be a doer of the Word and not a hearer only, deceiving yourself-ref Ja 1:22. Find a good Bible-believing church that teaches God’s Word. They should also love Israel and the Jewish people. Be baptized by full immersion. Tell others that Jesus is your only hope of salvation. Never be ashamed. Beware, there is a battle ahead, as people that love you will think you are crazy. Wives may turn against husbands and vice versa. Persecutions, temptations, sufferings, problems, and the unexpected lie ahead. There is a war to be fought against our desires, flesh, and wrong thinking. Our faith (or trust in God) will be tested to see if it is real-ref 1 Pe 1:7.